Here is the 3rd of 3 "Aerobic Haptic" break out sessions done last weekend at the BCTEAL conference. Here is the Rhythm Fight Club presentation and the outline of what is going on from the conference handout:
- · Increased speed of delivery
- · Produces greater processing time
- · Unstressed Syllable "compacting" (stressed syllable lengthening)
- · Contrast between stressed and unstressed syllables
- · Releases frustration, tension, aggression!
- · Enhanced assertiveness
- · Confidence builder; creates a new "persona" for some
- · Impacts conversational delivery rapidly, within days
- · Energizing, just "fun!"
- · Bilateral stimulation
- · Switching effect on hemispheric interaction
- · Executed in lower visual field (affective loading)
- · Synchronizes body rhythm with syllable rhythm
- · Strong textural anchoring (wadded paper in hand) with crushing, fist