Monday, April 29, 2013

Aerobic Haptic Break Out #2

Here is the 2nd of 3 "Aerobic Haptic" break out sessions done last weekend at the BCTEAL conference.  Here is the Butterfly presentation and the outline of what is going on from the conference handout:


Pedagogical
  • ·    Syllable focus
  • ·     Contrast between stressed and unstressed syllables
  • ·     Basic rhythm groups
  • ·     Phrasal group focus

Common sense
  • ·     Relaxing
  • ·    Attention grabbing
  • ·      Feeling in the upper body of English rhythm
  • ·      Strong core body stimulation and impact
  • ·      Leads toward fluency

Brain-friendly
  • ·      Bilateral engagement
  • ·      Curtails multitasking (switching effect on alternating hemispheres)
  • ·      "Butterfly" is common technique in psychotherapy, used to bring the client "back to the present moment"
  • ·      Switching forces "inner" focus, "grounding"

2 comments:

  1. Nice article. I study something similar here at University of Mississippi.
    It's always helpful to learn new stuff from fellow writers and obtain ideas from new sources. I’d love to incorporate some of this material on my own page (if you don’t mind). Naturally, I’ll feature a link to %target_domain% on my blog. Kudos for sharing.

    my web page 65472

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this web site is really fastidious and the users are actually sharing fastidious thoughts.

    Also visit my weblog - http://socialzit.com

    ReplyDelete